The Faculty of Physics and Mathematics is one of the oldest faculties of the Belarusian State Pedagogical University.
In 1947 there was the first enrollment of students on the specialty "Physics", "Mathematics".
Nowadays the enrollment of applicants is carried out for two specialties (Duration of study is 4 years):
- "Mathematics and Computer Science",
- "Physics and Computer Science".
Education process is carried out by the departments:
- Mathematics and methods of teaching mathematics
Head – Ass. Professor Irina Gulo
Members of the Department conduct research in number theory, mathematical programming and discrete mathematics, algebraic cryptography, systems of computer mathematics and many other fields of pure and applied mathematics and in theory and methods of teaching mathematics as well.
- Informatics and methods of teaching informatics
Head – Ass. Professor Sviatlana Vabishchevich
The members of the Department are engaged in the development of approximate and on-line algorithms, various educational resources; in introduction of web-technologies and technologies of programming, methods of algoritmization into the study process.
- Physics and methods of teaching physics
Head – Professor Valery Sobol
Teachers of the department are actively involved in research work on the problem “Adaptation of electronic information resources for the formation of professional competencies in the field of physics both in traditional education and distance learning"
- Information technologies in education
Head – Ass. Professor Klimovich Anna
Members of teaching staff carry out education inthe field of information technologies as well as do research related to the introduction of information technologies in the study process
Training is conducted in the following specialties:
On the basis of the faculty an annual International Scientific and Practical Conference “Physical and Mathematical Education: Goals, Achievements and Prospects” is held.
Conference devotes to the actual problems of physics, mathematics and computer science, the problems of teaching physics, mathematics and computer science at school and university. Issues of content, quality of knowledge, organization of research and independent work, use of information technologies in teaching physics, mathematics, methods of teaching mathematics, computer science and physics are considered.
Our faculty currently takes part in the Erasmus+ “Capacity Building in Higher Education” project “Innovative ICT Education for Social-Economic Development” (5 Belarusian and 4 European universities universities are involved in the project).
The main aims of the project is to increase competitiveness of Belarus partner universities offering high-quality higher education that meets the changing needs of the economic environment; assistance in increase of competencies of specialists in the IT field and improvement of the quality of higher education which meets changing needs of the economy of the Republic of Belarus and requirements of the Bologna process.
- Development of modern competencies of specialists in IT field.
- Modernization of syllabi training IT specialists, development and implementation of 5 new flexible programmes on the bachelor level based on new approaches, European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) into a line with Bologna requirements.
- Bringing 25 modern courses, implementing innovative teaching / learning methods and tools.
- Purchasing special equipment for 5 eLearning laboratories for partner universities from Belarus.
We are open for cooperation in the research areas of mutual interest, we are also interested in an experience exchange in the field of future math and computer science teachers training.